Thursday, May 1, 2008

Statement of Process

When I was doing this project I learned a lot about the Liberty Bell. I learned that it was much more than a representation of freedom, it was so made for so many reasons and went through so many different events.

Some hard points were on researching. I would always think that I was missing some more information--like there was some event or fact that was missing. Many have told me that Paul Revere was involved with the Liberty Bell. Yet while I was researching I couldn't find anything more than what I wrote about in the blog. It was very frustrating because more than one time I thought there was more to the Liberty Bell, there was all ready so much I learned that I didn't think there was to know about the Liberty Bell, so there was bound to more on the Liberty Bell than what I already have found out. Even now while I know that from all the research I've done I still think that there is still more things to find out.

Making the genres and making them clear was a another road pump in the project. I was worried about not putting too much information in the genre alone for I had very little information to float around. So mostly my genres came out just leaking the information instead of having an actual clear genre of what it was. Like for instance I wanted to make a feature article out of how many names Liberty Bell had. I thought it was a good feature article and showed that straight out. To my own wonder when it was being checked over a comment said that maybe I should make that post into a feature article. Apparently I wasn't as clear as I thought I was.

Something I got out of doing this project was learning how to put my edit my own posts to work. I know that I must have missed some things in my posts, that only shows that I haven't mastered editing but in due time I could. For now I just merely reached that standard.

This project was really a test to see how much I knew about making genres, how to edit, and how to manage time. I think that I found that I'm not that great at making genres and (I already know) not that good at editing and revising. My time management I think had gotten a little bit better. The bench marks really did keep me on my toes and gave me extra time afterwards to work out the glitches of my posts.

I think that my blog was more or less worth to get a passing grade.

1 comment:

Ms. Sackstein said...

Just passing? You don't give yourself enough credit... you did a very good job and I'm only tough on you when it comes to your writing because I know you can be great. Now you have to own your greatness:-)